Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Day in the Life of Me

Ive realized something about lil' ol' me last night. im very plane. or maybe just extremly conventional. why do i say this you ask? well, its a funny story actually. i was laying in bed last night talking to tanner about his day, he told me about life gaurding and how it can be rewarding. i just sat there listening to his stories of pulling kids out of the water, who werent being watched by there parents. he continued to tell me about his day as i went into my " zombie mode" trying to imagine his stories in my head.

So it was to my surprise to hear him asking ME how MY day was. I blinked a couple times and point blankly said, "Remmi pooped twice today." how sad is that?...the highlight of my day was wiping my sons bum. so i am going to share with you "A Day in the Life on Me"

  • wake up and get remmi out of bed
  • snuggle my boys in bed
  • change remmi's diaper
  • feed him cereal
  • give him a bottle
  • change him again
  • wrap him up in a blanket and rock him to sleep
  • he sleeps for an hour and wakes up
  • change him
  • he watches "your baby can read" while i shower
  • finish getting ready
  • give him a bottle
  • put him down for a nap
  • i pick up my house and eat lunch
  • kiss tanner good-bye before he leaves for work
  • remmi wakes up 3 hr later
  • change him
  • give him a bath
  • snuggle
  • play
  • feed him cereal
  • feed him a bottle
  • tummy time
  • make dinner
  • eat dinner
  • pick up dinner
  • tanner gets home
  • get remmi ready for bed
  • give him his last bottle
  • put him down for bed
  • get ready for bed
  • snuggle tanner, talk, or watch some tv for a bit
  • go to bed
  • Wake up, Repeat

Sad, isnt it? If my life were a movie, i wouldnt even go see it.with that said i should add that i dont have a negative attitude about it. i have to think about the positives that i  recieve out of motherhood. like i have the most wonderful husband who loves me and who would do anything for me. i have the CUTEST son in the whole world who just makes my life complete in everyway.

motherhood is the calling in life that ive always wants to have and i feel so blessed to have such a great little family to share it with. minus the mothers who look at my blog, i know that most of my friends couldnt do this, not at this age anyhow. and i feel proud to be able to say that yes, i am a teen mom, but age is just a number, it has nothing to do with your "ability". so if any of you find youself in my postion one day, dont be scared. just know that one day youll have your own" A Day in the Life of Me" list. and you will be PROUD to share it with others, just like i am.

1 comment:

  1. Oh carly! This post is amazing. I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete